Welcome to Hamilton Academy’s School Council page! We are so excited to start filling this page with all our plans, minutes and achievements over the year. Check back every few months to find out what’s been going on.
Who We Are
Our School Council meets as often as we can to shares ideas on how we could improve the school. We take the lead on a range of events and campaigns across the school. Mrs Bascombe and Miss Tanvir lead the School Council at Hamilton Academy. The School Council is made up of children from each class from Years 1 to 6. There are a total of 29 class representatives this year. The role of the School Council is to support governors, staff, parents and pupils to improve aspects of our school linked to the School Development Plan.
What kind of person makes a good school councillor?
- Good listener – everyone in the class has to feel comfortable talking to you
- Organised – it will be your responsibility to make sure meetings happen in your class on a regular basis.
- Assertive – the opinions of your class are just as important as everyone else’s
- Efficient – class discussions must cover a lot of issues in a short space of time
- Fair – everyone has the right to express a point of view
- Good communicator – you need to be able to work with staff and students from across the school, and also visitors to the school might want to talk to you.
This year our School Council are focusing on raising money for the TIggiwinkles Animal Hospital.