Winter Reading Challenge 2017
Come and join in with the library's...... Winter reading challenge....
- Over the next month aim to read something for as many days as you can.
Your reading might be a whole or part of any of the following or something else of your choice:
A fantasy story/picture book/comic/graphic novel/poem/nursery rhyme/magazine/Information text/dictionary/sport/animal story/biography/comedy story/newspaper
- For every reading session you complete you can reward yourself with a snow person. Either cut one out and stick in on the winter border paper or draw your own. I would love to see your pages full of creative snow people but remember you have to complete the reading first!
- Make sure you also complete the recording sheet with details of what you have read including title, author, genre (type of literature), your opinion and Winter sparkle rating (how good you think it is!).
- Return your signed recording sheet and decorated Winter scene to your class teacher by Monday 8 January. Make sure your name and class is clearly written on it as any unnamed work will not be rewarded.
- All completed entries returned by the deadline will receive a certificate and surprise Winter treat at the beginning of next term.
Can we break our record and get over 150 entries? Let’s try!
Mrs Warner (Key Stage 1 Literacy Co-ordinator/Library Coordinator)
Please click on the links below for the following: